- 1 tablespoon Wagco Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 -4 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 glass red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Wagco Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 large quantity mashed potatoes (estimating 1L or 6 cups, fresh or leftover)
- 1 egg, beaten
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Saute carrots in the olive oil until starting to get tender.
Add in the onions and saute for a minute or two then add the meat.
Season with black pepper and thyme.
Cook until browned then drain fat.
Add the butter and peas.
Sprinkle with flour and stir through.
Add tomato paste, wine and balsamic.
Let this reduce slightly then add the chicken stock. Allow to reduce down until you have a thick meaty gravy. Season to your taste.
Remove from heat. Grease an oven proof dish with butter and add the sauce.
Spoon or pipe the mashed potatoes over top. Brush with egg and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if using.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until the potato is nice and browned on top.
*Recipe may not look exactly like the picture, picture is just used as a reference.*