- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Wagco Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil
- 2 Italian rolls, split
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup marinara or other meatless pasta sauce, warmed
Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese.
Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve in rolls with provolone cheese and sauce.
*Recipe may not look exactly like the picture, picture is just used as a reference.*