- 8 whole wheat large (8”) tortillas
- 14 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 2 2/3 cups cheese that melts well, shredded (cheddar, mozzarella)
- Salsa and yogurt, for serving
- 2 tbsps Wagco Jalapeno Balsamic
In a large mixing bowl, add black beans, corn, pepper, cilantro, red onion, cumin, balsamic and salt; stir well to combine. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Build each quesadilla: on a half of tortilla sprinkle 3 tbsp (half of 1/3 cup) of cheese, spread 1/2 cup veggie mixture and sprinkle with remaining 3 tbsp of cheese. Fold the other half of tortilla on top pressing on it somewhat gently-hard making a half moon shape. Repeat and make 8 quesadillas.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let rest for 3-5 minutes and cut each quesadilla in half using serrated knife. Serve with salsa and yogurt.
*Recipe may not look exactly like the picture, picture is just used as a reference.*